The proper installation of EnGuard Insulation is a crucial step in realizing superior energy efficiency. EnGuard’s GlassFree technology makes installation simple and effective for both professional contractors and the “do-it-yourselfer”. EnGuard’s innovative design features allow compliance with the industry’s leading standards to eliminate voids, gaps and compression. The precut friction fit design allows for uniform stud-to-stud installation. The blanket-like, nonirritating feel of EnGuard provides ease of handling making the product simple to cut for proper fit around obstructions such as electric receptacles and in-wall plumbing. The fiber architecture and resilience reduces compression with the ability to quickly recover to engineered thickness.
EnGuard recommends following industry best practices, and consulting local building and energy codes. The Department of Energy recommends a comprehensive approach incorporating proper air sealing, moisture control and ventilation techniques to complement the insulation effort.
- Open plastic with standard knife or blade tool. The product is packed under compression, keep in mind that the thickness will recover once opened. To achieve the peak R value, it is recommended the insulation be shaken out briefly to allow for maximum thickness recovery.
- Install the insulation panels between studs. In most cases the product will friction fit. Use a knife or blade tool to cut and fit tightly around obstructions such as cables or pipe.
- Install vapor barriers per code and DOE recommendations. For more information visit www.eere.energy.gov. Cover the insulated framing with gypsum, drywall, or other approved finishing wall material.
* Keep insulation at least 3 inches away from non IC (Insulation Contact) rated light fixtures. Only IC rated recessed lights can be covered with insulation. Keep insulation away from exhaust flues of furnaces, water heaters, space heaters, chimney flues or other heat or combustion producing devices.
- No respiratory or skin irritation issues â€“ no protective gear needed
- No dusting
- Friction-fit installation
- Easy to cut/tear
- Easy to split around electrical wires and conduit, pipes, etc.
- Superior compression/recovery
- 100% recyclable on job site